Associate Director / Senior Associate of Health
Located in Washington, DC
Quantified Ventures is an impact investing and social enterprise advisory firm. Through a process of identification, due diligence, and structuring, we design outcomes-based financial transactions for clients, helping to deploy impact capital to scale proven social and environmental solutions. We operate in three primary areas: Environment, Health, and Education/Workforce Development.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital challenges the notion that there has to be a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to social enterprises that are both demonstrating positive impact and achieving sustainability, we can build capacity to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social change through innovative financing mechanisms.
The Health Team at Quantified Ventures
We work with nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, health plans, health systems, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social good, helping them to tap into the financial resources needed to sufficiently scale operations and deliver meaningful impact. We do this primarily through Pay for Success (PFS), also known as Social Impact Bond (SIB), transactions.
Our PFS service offering in health involves working with private and nonprofit service providers, Medicare and Medicaid health plans, health systems, large employers, and governments to design and execute PFS projects, from due diligence through project close, including:
- Prospect due diligence: Analyzing business operations, target markets, working experience, growth strategy, and other areas before determining whether to work with a prospect.
- Feasibility assessments: Ensuring service provider and payor readiness to participate in outcomes-based contracts.
- Regulatory and compliance analysis: In the government-sponsored healthcare space, ensuring that financial transactions are fully compliant with State and, in some cases, Federal regulations is vital in mitigating investor and project risk.
- Project management and transaction structuring: Moving multiple stakeholders through our methodology while being attentive, responsive, and flexible to their individual needs is a requirement to efficiently structure a transaction.
- Evaluation design: Determining with the stakeholders the desired level of rigor to evaluate the effectiveness of the project. Managing the independent evaluation designer to project timeline and expectations is expected.
- Financial modeling and outcomes pricing: Developing a robust budget required to enable scale and project success is an early step that we conduct with our service provider clients. Layering on projected outcomes, timelines, outcomes effect sizes, and projected cost savings leveraging payor historical data to establish baselines is required for a robust, and investor-grade transaction model.
- Capital raising: We help our clients develop robust growth plans, prioritize and reach out to potential investors, and advise on term negotiations with the goal of raising the required capital to scale interventions and social impact.
- Post-project launch management: Once the capital is secured, the project begins. While much of Quantified Ventures’ work is related to structuring investable projects, there is a large role that we play in ensuring the ongoing success of the project by managing to contract and evaluation model while knowing when to adjust course to maximize the likelihood of achieving outcomes.
rOLE and Responsibilities
Quantified Ventures is seeking an Associate Director AND a Senior Associate to join the health team. S/He will play an instrumental role within the rapidly growing Quantified Ventures team, contributing to the growth and development of all areas, including business strategy, business development and sales, product development, client service delivery, operations, and marketing. Responsibilities include:
1. Managing client delivery teams that are responsible for the following:
- Conducting due diligence on prospects and potential PFS project stakeholders;
- Conducting research on client issue areas;
- Identifying and/or developing effective, scalable, and compliant interventions;
- Management of evaluation partners;
- Drafting program and/or intervention budgets;
- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes and predict future revenues, savings, and/or cash flows;
- Facilitating and supporting client working sessions;
- Developing, drafting, and negotiating terms; and
- Leading investor outreach and syndication process.
2. Managing all aspects of the client delivery process for a significant portion of Quantified Ventures’ portfolio of health clients. This includes time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, client and stakeholder management, invoice and expenses accuracy oversight, and contract management.
3. Supporting business development activities as a subject matter expert. Support includes drafting proposal scopes, preparing and delivering pitch presentations, speaking engagements, and enhancing our industry presence and thought leadership through drafting white papers and blogs, and participation and networking at industry conferences.
4. Contributing to the development and maintenance of organizational processes and protocols.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission.
Associate Director candidates must have:
- At least 8 years of direct health and/or healthcare industry experience in the areas of finance, policy, compliance, or strategy;
- A graduate degree (MBA, MPH, and/or MPP) (strongly preferred);
- Expertise in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research skills, and an aptitude for critical thinking and complex problem solving;
- Strong people and program management skills, with practice navigating complex projects and partner relationships;
- Excellent written communications skills, including the ability to quickly research, synthesize, and summarize critical findings on unfamiliar topics;
- Exceptional oral communications skills;
- Strong health and healthcare experience in the areas of delivery, compliance, policy, and/or operations;
- Relationships with Managed Care Organizations, health systems, state Medicaid departments, and/or municipal government agencies preferred;
- Deep understanding of value-based care, Medicare, and Medicaid;
- Understanding of social and non-medical determinants of health;
- Ability to manage multiple and competing projects independently while knowing when to seek help / input from colleagues;
- Experience in managing strong teams of thoughtful, creative, passionate, analytical, diverse, hard-working and independent-minded professionals;
- Ability to manage the work of others in such a manner that leverages the strengths of each team member, unleashes their full potential towards the advancement of client objectives, and fosters an environment of collaboration and shared success;
- Willingness and ability to express contrary views and seek consensus against other priorities such as time and budget constraints;
- Top-notch listening and communications skills;
- An ability to bring humor, joy and humility into this groundbreaking work, and;
- Passion for advancing the PFS field.
Senior Associate candidates should have all of the above characteristics, with the exceptions noted below:
- At least 4 years of direct health and/or healthcare industry experience in the areas of finance, policy, compliance, or strategy;
- A graduate degree (MBA, MPH, and/or MPP) (preferred).
Please send cover letter and resume to Catherine Stapleton at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Subject line: Associate Director, Washington, DC OR Senior Associate, Washington, DC, as appropriate). Review of applications will begin immediately, and proceed on a rolling basis.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.