Impact Investing Intern, Environmental Sector
located in washington, dc
what we do
Quantified Ventures is a for-profit impact investing advisory firm that helps clients finance specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes. Founded by Eric Letsinger, bringing 25+ years of senior leadership and direct management experience, QV works with nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social and environmental good, helping them to tap into the financial resources needed to sufficiently scale operations and deliver meaningful impact. We do this primarily through Pay for Success (PFS) transactions, also known as Social or Environmental Impact Bonds (SIBs/EIBs). By negotiating purposeful partnerships between leaders across sectors, we are able to accelerate funding that result in greater societal benefits. In 2016, we pioneered the first-ever Environmental Impact Bond with DC Water. Based in Washington, DC, the entrepreneurial team thrives on fresh thinking, measured risk, strong coffee and Spotify playlists.
We are looking for a highly-motivated summer intern to support our growing Environmental sector.
This summer intern will be an integral part of our team and will be expected to produce necessary deliverables for clients and to support day-to-day needs of other colleagues in the environmental vertical. Interns will be able to participate in intimate lunch-and-learns with leaders in the space, conferences, client and business development meetings, and other networking opportunities.
role and responsibilities
(1) Produce deliverables for our Environment clients, including:
- Cost-benefit analyses and economic models to forecast outcomes, cost savings and/or cash flows
- Presentation decks
(2) Conduct research to produce landscape analyses on client issue areas, possibly including:
- Agricultural Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Green infrastructure
- Forestry and timber
- Food waste
- Sustainable fisheries
- Oceans (e.g. coral reef restoration)
- Energy efficiency
(3) Support business development initiatives
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have:
- 2+ years of work experience in environmental projects, environmental policy or economics, and/or conservation finance
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference for candidates pursuing a graduate degree
- Experience in environmental and/or infrastructure projects preferred, with specific background in one or more of: green infrastructure,climate and disaster resilience, natural resource management, agriculture, water resource management, forestry management, and energy/energy efficiency
- Strong quantitative and research capabilities, with ability to identify and assess data sources to drive evidence-driven solutions
- Expertise in conducting analysis in Microsoft Excel and presenting complex concepts in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Robust problem solving capabilities; ability to disaggregate large problems, identify underlying drivers and causes, and recognize critical nuances;
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing workload given shifting priorities, often across multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research and synthesize unfamiliar topics
- Demonstrated passion for advancing environmental impact and innovative financing, and ability to bring humor, joy and humility to the workplace
- Proof of US work authorization
Applications will be taken on a rolling basis beginning December 1, 2017 and ending March 1, 2018. Interviews will be conducted during in February and March, 2018.
The summer internship will run for two and a half months from early June through Mid-August. Start and end dates can be flexible to University schedule. Interns are expected to work full-time.
This is a paid internship.
Please send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to Emma Kloppenburg at email@example.com with the subject line of “Environment Summer Intern Application”.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.