Marketing and Impact Investing Internship
located in washington, DC
Quantified Ventures is a for-profit impact investing firm that helps clients finance specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes. Founded by Eric Letsinger, a “tri-sector” executive bringing 25+ years of leadership experience, QV works with nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, health plans, health systems, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social and environmental good, helping them to tap into the financial resources needed to sufficiently scale operations and deliver meaningful impact. We do this primarily through Pay for Success (PFS), also known as Social Impact Bond (SIB), transactions. By negotiating purposeful partnerships between leaders across sectors, we are able to accelerate funding that will result in greater societal benefits. In 2016, we pioneered the first ever Environmental Impact Bond with DC Water. Based in DC, the entrepreneurial team thrives on fresh thinking, measured risk, strong coffee and Spotify playlists.
To support our growth, we are looking for a highly motivated intern. Flex your marketing muscle and indulge your passion for impact investing by working with us 10-20 hours ($15/hour) per week at our offices in Dupont Circle’s WeWork location for the next 3-6 months.
Role and Responsibilities
- Help create, launch, and execute a content strategy for QV that emphasizes thought leadership and shares good ideas related to PFS and impact investment
- Create a content calendar and schedule for publishing posts
- Leverage content generated by QV staff and partners to enhance our presence on social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium.com, and Facebook; contribute your original content
- Track industry news, keep a pulse on key partners, and report highlights out to QV team
- Provide administrative support to the marketing and project teams as needed, such as:
- Industry research
- Prep for conferences (pulling together agendas, speaker bios, PowerPoint slides, etc.)
- E-newsletter support (writing, list management, photo editing, etc.)
- Website updates
- Client surveys
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have:
- Excellent writing, editing, and headline writing skills (writing samples will be requested!)
- Familiarity with Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Rewst, and other Twitter management applications
- Working knowledge of the administrative tools and capabilities for expanding an organization’s presence on LinkedIn
- Experience managing or contributing to social media for an organizational account
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Familiarity with Squarespace.com, MailChimp, Photoshop, and Survey Monkey a plus
- Demonstrated academic achievement at college/university level
- Undergrad or grad level student majoring in business, marketing, communications, journalism, or something related to our verticals: health, education, environment
- Knowledge of and familiarity with financial/investment terminology
- Self-starter who is highly motivated, takes the initiative in moving projects forward (or coming up with new ones!), and comfortable with a new venture/start up culture
- An ability to bring humor, joy, curiosity, humility, and a love of learning to this groundbreaking work
- Passion for impact investing and a desire to solve some of our toughest health, education, and environmental challenges through finance
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Marketing and Impact Investing Internship." Review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.