Impact Investing Intern, Health Sector
Located in Washington, Dc
What we do
Quantified Ventures is a for-profit impact investing advisory firm that helps clients finance specific and measurable environmental, health, and educational outcomes. Founded by Eric Letsinger, bringing 25+ years of senior leadership and direct management experience, QV works with nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, health plans, health systems, and governments who demonstrate capacity for transformative social and environmental good, helping them to tap into the financial resources needed to sufficiently scale operations and deliver meaningful impact. We do this primarily through Pay for Success (PFS) transactions, also known as Social or Environmental Impact Bonds (SIBs/EIBs). By negotiating purposeful partnerships between leaders across sectors, we are able to accelerate funding that result in greater societal benefits. In 2016, we pioneered the first-ever Environmental Impact Bond with DC Water. Based in Washington, DC, the entrepreneurial team thrives on fresh thinking, measured risk, strong coffee and Spotify playlists.
We are looking for a highly motivated summer intern to support our growing Health sector.
This summer intern will be an integral part of our team and will be expected to produce necessary deliverables for clients and to support day-to-day needs of other colleagues in the health vertical. Interns will be able to participate in intimate lunch-and-learns with leaders in the space, conferences, client and business development meetings, and other networking opportunities.
role and responsibilities
(1) Work with QV Staff to produce deliverables for our health clients, including:
- Research, analysis, and synthesis to inform strategy and provide tailored client recommendations
- Cost-benefit analyses and economic models to forecast outcomes, cost savings and/or cash flows
- Investment-grade, client-facing PowerPoint presentations.
(2) Conduct research on:
- Common issue areas impacting the members/patients of our clients (e.g. risk-bearing health systems, Medicaid/Medicare health plans).
- Innovations and promising or evidence-based solutions to move the needle on the identified health issues, further contributing to the growth of our “Evidence-Based Playbook”
(3) Federal and State health market and regulatory trends enabling outcomes-based financing
(4) Supporting business development initiatives by helping with research on prospects and crafting proposals for services.
(5) Represent QV in federal efforts (e.g. Capitol Hill Days, Congressional strategy calls and meetings) related to legislation on evidence-based policy and Pay for Success.
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, supportive, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, creativity, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. More specifically, candidates must have:
- 2+ years of direct healthcare industry experience, preferably with experience in Medicare/Medicaid, value-based care, population and preventive health, or social determinants of health;
- Bachelor’s degree required. Strong preference for candidates that are currently enrolled in an MPH, MHA, and/or MBA program;
- Understanding of social and non-medical determinants of health;
- Robust problem solving capabilities, able to disaggregate large problems, identify underlying drivers and causes, and recognize critical nuances;
- Strong quantitative and research capabilities, with expertise in conducting analysis in Microsoft Excel and presenting complex concepts in PowerPoint;
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing workload given shifting priorities, often across multiple, competing deadlines;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research and synthesize unfamiliar topics, and;
- Demonstrated passion for advancing social impact and impact investing and ability to bring humor, joy and humility to the workplace.
- Proof of US work authorization
Applications will be taken on a rolling basis beginning December 1, 2017 and ending March 1, 2018. Interviews will be conducted during in February and March, 2018.
The summer internship will run for two and a half months from early June through Mid-August, 2018. Start and end dates can be flexible to University schedule. Interns are expected to work full-time.
This is a paid internship.
Please send cover letter, writing sample, and resume to Emma Kloppenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Health Summer Intern Application”.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.