Chief Structuring Officer
ABOUT QUANTIFIED VENTURES
Quantified Ventures is an impact investing and social enterprise advisory firm. We identify, due diligence, and structure transactions to deploy impact capital to scale proven social and environmental solutions. We operate in three primary verticals: Environment/Infrastructure, Health, and Education/Workforce Development.
The large and growing market for impact investment capital is challenging the former notion of a trade-off between financial and social returns. By deploying impact capital to social enterprises that are both demonstrably creating positive impact and sustainable, we can accelerate society’s ability to address the world’s most pressing challenges. At Quantified Ventures, we simplify access to impact capital to scale solutions and interventions that drive true social change through innovative financing mechanisms.
WHAT WE DO
Quantified Ventures serves innovative organizations in the social, public, and private sectors as advisors in identifying, designing, and structuring impact investment transactions, primarily Social & Environmental Impact Bonds and Pay for Success transactions. We advise nonprofit organizations and private social enterprises with a demonstrated track record and evidence of program outcomes in preparing for and securing impact capital. We help governments, health plans, health systems, and public agencies align payment with the achievement of outcomes. Lastly, we work with impact investors to optimize their capital deployment strategies to maximize social and financial returns.
Leveraging our own tri-sector experience, we believe that public-private partnerships are necessary to meaningfully move the needle on social issues. Most critically, we bring a maniacal focus on transaction efficiencies and scalable investment products because we believe that will be core to enabling a self-sustainable impact investing market.
rOLE and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Quantified Ventures leadership team and reporting to the CEO, the Chief Structuring Officer will play an instrumental role in contributing to the growth and development of all areas of the business including growth strategy, business development, product development, client service delivery, and transaction structuring across all Quantified Ventures’ priority sectors. The role is highly entrepreneurial and requires meaningful understanding of the financial vehicles used by public finance organizations and community development finance institutions (CDFI). The ideal candidate will bring a unique blend of creative problem-solving experience and experience leading financial transactions.
- Establishing efficient processes for structuring the financial arrangement for each transaction, some of which will closely mirror municipal bond characteristics and some will closely mirror those structured by CDFIs, with a bias towards structures recognizable to the broader capital markets.
- Supporting the efforts of the client delivery teams who are:
- Conducting due diligence on service providers, interventions, and sponsors to evaluate the credit worthiness of the potential structure and ability to access impact capital
- Building economic and financial models to price outcomes and to project cash flows
- Drafting and editing deal terms during transaction
- Negotiating terms with investors
- Supporting the outreach and the syndication process with key transaction stakeholders
- Developing high-quality client deliverables, including reports and presentations
- Supporting the design of evaluation methodologies to ensure cost effective structures versus conventional alternatives
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Supporting the management of the client delivery process from time and resource budgeting, timeline management, deliverable preparation, client management, invoice accuracy oversight and contract management
- Providing business development support to expand leadership within impact capital field by:
- Designing and managing external communications
- Analyzing and recommending new industries / sectors for participation in outcomes based finance
- Serving as primary contact for select stakeholders (e.g., investors, foundations, family offices, etc.)
- Evaluating new ways Quantified Ventures can effectively provide clients access to impact capital in light of regulatory considerations, related responsibilities may include:
- Building financial projections and comparative return on investment models for potential expansion into regulated structure (ex. municipal advisor, broker-dealer, and/or investment fund);
- Creating related compliance and other written supervisory procedures; and,
- Serving as a licensed principal responsible for oversight and training
- Assisting management team in evaluating cashflow management, legal structuring, and supervising potential engagement of additional internal financial management personnel (ex. controller, grant compliance / management, etc.)
- Overseeing and managing the potential expansion of the deal structuring team
Quantified Ventures is a fast-paced, creative, and collaborative environment that keeps clients’ needs front and center. We are seeking entrepreneurial candidates with the drive, can-do attitude, commitment to innovation, and attention to detail to help the Quantified Ventures team advance its mission. Candidates should have:
- 15+ years combined work and graduate school experience; experience in government, nonprofit, or structured finance sectors with analytical and project management responsibilities (e.g., impact investing, project finance, asset management, investment banking, management consulting)
- Graduate degree preferred, concentration in public sector economics a plus,
- Deep experience with financial transactions, preferably in municipal finance, project finance, and/or structured finance
- Robust problem-solving capabilities, ability to disaggregate large problems, identify underlying drivers and causes, and recognize critical nuances
- An ability to manage multiple and competing projects independently and simultaneously
- Comfort with ambiguity and managing workload given shifting priorities, often across multiple, competing deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including the ability to quickly research and synthesize unfamiliar topics
- Strong quantitative and research capabilities, with expertise in conducting analysis in Microsoft Excel and presenting complex concepts in PowerPoint
- Experience managing junior team members
- Experience with Pay for Success and Social Impact Bonds preferred
- Demonstrated passion for advancing social impact and impact investing and ability to bring humor, joy and humility to the workplace
- Proof of US work authorization
Please send cover letter and resume to Todd Appel at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Chief Structuring Officer, Application”. Review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Quantified Ventures, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or genetic information.